Please note that our website and other digital platforms may contain links to third party websites / digital platforms, including social media platforms such as Instagram and Twitter, as well as links to our sponsors and partners which are provided for your convenience.
We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our own digital platforms. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other third party website / digital platform that you visit.
Marketing and Communications Director
Northampton Saints RFC
cinch Stadium at Franklin’s Gardens
Information we collect and what we use it for
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes. More information about these purposes and the legal grounds for our processing follows below:
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- for record keeping purposes
- to help us diagnose and resolve any technical issues you are experiencing
- to record your attendance at events at our stadiums
- you may feature in photography and/or videography taken at our events which may appear in publications (digital and/or print) we make available
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to track your activity on our digital platforms
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we may send you
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
- to inform our strategic decisions and improve effectiveness of our marketing activities
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us. We may, for example, require you to register an account with us, and/or keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment card details. We may also record details of any disability or health needs you may have at the time of booking an event or service which will take place at the stadium or any of our other premises to help to ensure your comfort and safety. Our legal basis for processing is that it is necessary for us to use your personal data to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you for the products or services, or it is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal data in a way that ensures we provide our products and services in an effective, safe and efficient way.
When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal data, we may collect and store any personal data that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research. Our legal basis for processing is that it is necessary for us to use your personal data to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you, or it is in our legitimate interest to use personal data in such a way to ensure that we can respond to your enquiries, provide access to our digital platforms, our products and our services in a secure and effective way, and make improvements to our digital platforms, our products and our services.
If you attend one of our events, we may use your personal data to record your attendance at the event and for related record-keeping purposes. If relevant, we may collect and process any dietary requirements you may have. You may also feature in photographs and/or videography taken at our events and such photographs and/or videography may appear in publications (digital and/or print) that we make available. Our legal basis for processing is that it is necessary for us to use your personal data in this way to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you where you have purchased tickets or otherwise signed up to attend an event, or it is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal data in such a way to ensure that the event is operated effectively. We may specifically ask your permission to use your photographs, quotes, testimonials, or other content that you make available. Where this is the case, our processing of such personal data will be based on consent.
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our fans use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content and more relevant communications:
- how you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- which videos you have watched and for how long
- what content you liked or shared
- which adverts you saw and responded to
- which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- your subscription status
- information collected in any forms you complete
In addition, Northampton Saints will share your aggregated and anonymised website analytics data with Premiership Rugby for the purpose of delivering league wide benchmarks and audience insights.
News, offers and opportunities from us and our sponsors and partners
We want you to be the first to know about new signings, competitions, club news, ticket availability and occasional offers from official sponsors and partners. If you haven’t already signed up to receive these exciting benefits, and would like to sign up, please email: [email protected] You can unsubscribe by writing to us at the address above or via the unsubscribe link in Saint Rugby emails. Please note, if you don’t choose to receive this information, we will be unable to keep you informed of new services, products, events or special offers that may interest you and our ability to inform you of ticketing opportunities may be affected. An up-to-date list of our sponsors and partners is available at www.northamptonsaints.co.uk/saints-nation/sponsors/ or by writing to us at the address above. If you express an interest in an offer from one of our sponsors or partners, they may let us know.
We may also participate in Facebook's ‘Custom Audience’ service from time to time. This service enables Northampton Saints to display to you personalised advertisements when you visit Facebook’s social media platforms. It works by converting your email address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match to unique numbers that Facebook generates from email addresses of its users. Where we use Facebook Custom Audiences, we will only include you if you have consented to receive marketing from us. If you have given us your consent, you can change your mind at any time by unsubscribing.
Our legal basis for processing is that it is in our legitimate interest to use your personal data for marketing purposes, for example to decide what marketing content we think may appeal to you. However, we will only send marketing communications to you by email where you have consented to receive such content by email, or where we have another legal basis to send marketing to you using email. For example, in certain circumstances we may rely on our legitimate interest to send marketing by email to consumers who have purchased our products and services. We may also rely on our legitimate interest to send marketing by email to certain business users of our digital platforms and our products and services.
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our products and services to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we may need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These may include, for example, payment processing organisations, ticketing provider and partner organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening and credit risk management companies, and mailing houses.
We may share your data with advertising networks and/or social media platforms for the purposes of selecting and serving relevant adverts to you via those networks/platforms, and to search engine and analytics providers.
We may share your data with our carefully selected sponsors and partners (as may change from time to time) but we will only do this if you have consented to receive marketing relating to our sponsors and partners or if one of the conditions in the paragraph above applies. You can find a list of our sponsors and partners at Northampton Saints Partners | Meet Our Partners.
We share personal data with Premiership Rugby (whose privacy notice is available here) and third-party service providers who assist us with insight analytics of our fans’ behaviour. It is in our legitimate interest to use your personal data in this way to help inform our strategic decisions, better understand our fans’ behaviour (in relation to the products and services that may appeal) and to inform our marketing strategy, for example to decide what marketing content we think may appeal to our fans.
Some of the organisations to which we may disclose your personal information are situated outside of the United Kingdom and European Union in countries which may not have laws that protect privacy rights as extensively as in the United Kingdom. If we do transfer your personal information to other territories, we will take proper steps to ensure that your information is protected in accordance with applicable data protection laws. These include having a lawful basis for transferring personal data, and putting appropriate safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for the personal data, such as ensuring the recipient country has an adequacy decision from the UK government or by executing standard contractual clauses.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. When you submit your credit card details to us, we use industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to guard your information. In addition, we have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of the personal information contained within them. Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or disclose your password to any other person.
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in all of our premises which are open to the public. It is in our legitimate interests to process your personal data in this way so that we can keep our premises secure and provide a safe environment for our personnel and visitors to our premises.
If you are under 18
If you are under 18 and register for restricted areas of our digital platforms, we will collect your date of birth and retain that with your name and other details you may provide. This is so we can ensure we treat you in an age appropriate way in line with this policy. For so long as you are under 18 we will not send you any marketing communications, allow you to access any of our digital platform message boards, or share your details with our Northampton Saints commercial partners. However, if you have signed up to receive a product or service we may contact you about this.
If you are aged 13-17, you must first tell your parent or legal guardian that you wish to register on our digital platforms and get their consent. You must make sure that your parent or legal guardian knows and agrees each time before you:
- email us, or ask us to email anything to you;
- send any information to us;
- enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize;
- offer or agree to buy anything online.
If you are the parent or legal guardian of a user of our digital platforms who is aged 13 to 17 we do not seek your direct consent to their registration, but we expect them to inform you and get your agreement in advance before they register and before each time they do any of the activities listed above.
How long we keep your personal data for
We will securely retain your personal data only for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purpose you provided it for.
In respect of personal data that we process in connection with the supply of our products and services, we may retain your personal data from the date of supply of the relevant products and services and in compliance with our data protection obligations. We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
Where we process personal data in connection with the registration and use of an account on our digital platforms, we may retain your personal data from the date that the relevant account is terminated (and in compliance with our data protection obligations). We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
Where we process any other personal data, we will retain relevant personal data for up to three years from the date of our last interaction with you (and in compliance with our data protect obligations). We may then destroy such files without further notice or liability.
If any personal data is only useful for a short period (e.g. for a specific activity, event, partnership, promotion or marketing campaign), we will not retain it for longer than the period for which it is used by us.
If you have opted out of receiving marketing communications from us, we will need to retain certain personal data on a suppression list indefinitely so that we know not to send you further marketing communications in the future. However, we will not use this personal data to send you further marketing unless you subsequently opt back in to receive such marketing.
More about your information – your rights
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you. These rights include:
- Your right of access - If you ask us, we will confirm whether we are processing your personal data and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal data (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may charge a reasonable fee for producing those additional copies.
- Your right to rectification - If the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to have it rectified.
- Your right to erasure - You can ask us to delete or remove your personal data in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it or where you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Your right to restrict processing - You can ask us to “block” or suppress the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal data or you object to us processing it for a particular purpose. This may not mean that we will stop storing your personal data but, where we do keep it, we will tell you if we remove any restriction that we have placed on your personal data to stop us processing it further.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal data you have provided to us (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to your chosen third party.
- Your right to object - You can, under certain conditions, ask us to stop processing your personal data.
- Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling- You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for the entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Your right to withdraw consent - If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You can exercise your right of withdrawal by writing to us or by using any other opt-out mechanism we may provide, such as an unsubscribe link in an email.
You may correct or update your personal information at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or by changing your profile on our website. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
Where to make a complaint
Contact details for the ICO can be found on its website at https://ico.org.uk