The world’s first drive-in Christmas show is coming to Northampton for two performances this festive season, with Franklin’s Gardens set to present ‘Car Park Panto’ in December.
Over the summer, ‘Car Park Party’ lifted spirits across the country with the only national tour of comedy, theatre and live music shows – stopping off in Northampton for two packed out dates of entertainment.
And following on from the sell-out success of the Horrible Histories: Live On Stage shows, they are back in town this winter with Car Park Panto for two live performances of Horrible Christmas at Franklin’s Gardens on Monday 14 December at 4.30pm and 7.00pm.
While many Panto fans may have feared their favourite shows would be cancelled this Christmas, Horrible Histories are coming to the rescue with their own unique take on the festive season – enabling families across the UK to enter into the festive spirit in a safe, socially-distanced way from the comfort of their own sleigh (or car!)
"We can't wait to be back on stage in cities and towns that will be crying out for a Christmas show to entertain their families!”Neal Foster, 'Horrible Histories' Actor/Manager
HORRIBLE CHRISTMAS – Monday 14 December, 4.30pm and 7.00pm (£45 per car*)
Horrible Christmas is the story of how Christmas came to be what it is today. When Christmas comes under threat from a jolly man dressed in red, it’s up to one young boy to save the day – but can he save Christmas?
From Victorian villains to Medieval monks, Puritan parties to Tudor treats, join us on a hair-raising adventure through the history of Christmas in the company of Charles Dickens, Oliver Cromwell, King Henry VIII and St Nicholas, as they all join forces to save the festive season!
It’s a celebration of Christmas in the most wonderful, funny and moving way you’ll ever see!
‘Horrible Histories: Live On Stage’ first launched in 2005 and has since performed to over three million people across the UK, bringing the record-breaking ‘Barmy Britain’ – the longest-running children’s show in West End history – to Franklin’s Gardens last summer.
- All current Covid-19 social-distancing guidelines will be strictly adhered to, to ensure everybody has an enjoyable and safe experience.
- Car Park Panto is an organised gathering whereby we will know in advance those who are attending, enabling contact with attendees before, during and after the event.
- No different from people attending other socially-distanced events, our expectation is that people will already be attuned to the measures required.
- We have a traffic management team on site and all vehicles will be parked two metres apart.
- Tickets will be scanned through the windows, so no human contact necessary.
- There will be a range of food and beverage offering available at the event and we will be adhering to all the COVID-19 government guidelines.
- Toilet facilities will be provided with social distancing health and safety management and sanitization measures in place.
"As you’d expect from Horrible Histories, it’s not a traditional pantomime, but a journey through the story of Christmas in the company of the season’s most fabulous characters. It’s the perfect story for families this winter."Neal Foster, 'Horrible Histories' Actor/Manager
*All bookings subject to a £2.50 booking fee.