Your wedding day should be one of the most special days of your life. With the right planning, you and your partner can ensure you think of everything your wedding needs to be perfect. Working with a wedding planner and dedicated wedding venue is the best way to create the atmosphere you want, make sure all guests have a great time and ensure your venue supports all your needs as a couple.
During the planning stage of your wedding, one of the first things you will decide on is your wedding venue. While you can look at photos of the wedding venue, visit the location in person, and read reviews from previous guests, you need to speak to staff to understand everything the setting offers. There is a massive range of information to learn when you view a wedding venue, which means there are lots of questions you need to ask.
It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when trying to find your dream wedding venue. However, the process doesn’t have to be stressful, it should be fun and exciting. To help you make sure you know all the essential information, read our list of the key questions you should be asking your potential wedding venue.
What Questions Should You Ask Your Wedding Venue?
- Are you available on our wedding day?
- How long can you hold the date for?
- How many guests can you accommodate?
- Do you offer an exclusive hire?
- Is there parking for guests?
- Do you offer accommodation or is there accommodation nearby?
- Will we have a point of contact leading up to the wedding?
- Is your venue accessible for disabled guests?
- Do you have photographer/videographer restrictions?
- Do you have quiet spaces available where people can take a break away from the busyness of the celebrations?
There are several basic questions you should ask any wedding venue when you view their location. From as simple as checking the venue's availability to checking accessibility and how many guests can attend. The answers to these questions will let you know whether the wedding venue is perfect for you.
- Do you offer any wedding packages?
- Are you licenced for civil ceremonies?
- What is the changeover plan when moving between the ceremony and reception room?
- Are you flexible with times during the day?
- What decorations are allowed?
- Do you allow confetti?
- Is there space for us to get ready/freshen up?
- Do you provide seating for the ceremony?
- Will staff help decorate the ceremony room?
You may want to have your ceremony at the same wedding venue as your wedding breakfast and evening reception. If so, you need to check whether the venue has everything you need. Ask whether the venue can accommodate all your guests, decor, and plans you have for your wedding ceremony. The staff may also be able to help you to plan the ceremony as they will have extensive experience.
The Wedding Breakfast
- Do you offer in-house catering?
- Do you put on a complimentary tasting menu?
- Do you cater to different dietary requirements, such as vegetarians and any allergens?
- Do you provide cake-cutting utensils, such as a cake stand?
- Are crockery and linen included in the price?
- Can we choose our own table settings/decorations?
- How large are the tables you provide?
- What alcohol packages do you offer?
Some wedding venues offer delicious in-house catering perfect for your wedding breakfast. So much goes into this part of your wedding, make sure you ask all the right questions. Whether it’s about cutting the cake, dietary requirements, or open bar requests, find out the answer when you view the wedding venue.
The Evening Reception
- Do you offer catering for the evening reception?
- Do you provide in-house entertainment?
- Is it possible for a live band or DJ to perform?
- Is the bar card or cash only and do you offer an open bar?
- Do you offer drink packages for the evening?
- What are the prices of the different drinks you offer?
- What time does the reception need to finish?
- How many people can use the dancefloor at once?
- What is your corkage fee?
- What are all the costs associated with hiring out the bar?
After your wedding day, it’s time for your wedding night and the evening reception. You need entertainment, food and drink, and space for every guest. Some wedding venues offer drinks packages for the evening, so ask about any deals on offer.
Franklin’s Gardens Wedding Venue
Franklin’s Gardens is a unique and exciting wedding venue in Northampton. Our events team is always available to answer any questions you have before, during, and after your wedding day. We’re dedicated to helping couples have the perfect wedding day for themselves and their guests.
We offer a variety of wedding packages, rooms, and outdoor spaces. Franklin’s Gardens also provides every couple with a dedicated wedding coordinator to organise their perfect wedding. They’re available whenever you have a question and will work hard to make sure your special day is everything you want it to be.