Franklin’s Gardens can today confirm that Northampton will welcome comedy circuit stalwarts Emmanuel Sonubi, Jen Brister, Andrew Bird and Geoff Norcott at Car Park Comedy later this month.
The event, in association with The Comedy Store, will also be hosted by Andrew Ryan and sees two performances on the evening of Friday 17 July.
Car Park Comedy kicks off a weekend of drive-in fun at the home of Northampton Saints, with Car Park Theatre (in association with Horrible Histories: Live On Stage) and Car Park Karaoke (in association with The Massaoke Band) set to follow on Saturday – with tickets for all three events on sale now and starting from just £30* per car.
The UK’s only live event currently touring, Car Park Party is a safe and socially-distanced entertainment experience which brings together world-renowned brands for a unique drive-in event.
“We’re delighted to announce a stellar list of big-name comedians, including local lad Andrew Bird, for what promises to be a hilarious night of comedy and laughter,” said Tim Percival, Director of Marketing & Communications at Franklin’s Gardens.
Limited tickets remain for all three Car Park Party events, with only 350 parking spaces are available for each performance, don’t delay and CLICK HERE to book now.
CAR PARK COMEDY – Friday 17 July, 6pm-7.30pm and 8.30pm-10pm (£35 per car*)
Friday evening sees two shows from The Comedy Store hit the Car Park stage in two early and late evening slots. With nearly 40 years’ experience in the business, The Comedy Store is renowned as a breeding ground for new talent and remains the place to see tomorrow’s stars today. A lorry-load of laughs are guaranteed with some of the brightest names in comedy today heading to Northampton to put smiles on faces in every car.
- Irishman ANDREW RYAN is one of the most exciting talents in recent years; in demand as an act and as an MC at some of the biggest comedy clubs across the UK & Ireland. Andrew's quintessentially Irish storytelling abilities and cheeky, friendly demeanour make him a natural stand up.
- Ex-bouncer EMMANUEL SONUBI was born and bred in North London where he extracts most of his hilarious interactions with the vibrant cockneys and reprobates he has encountered. Now, as a father of two, the soon to be headliner has a wealth of material of playing pranks with his kids as well as his questionable parenting skills.
- A critically acclaimed stand-up comedian, writer and actor, JEN BRISTER cut her teeth by extensively touring with comedians such as Kerry Godliman, Francesca Martinez, Frankie Boyle and Romesh Ranganathan.
- Northampton’s own ANDREW BIRD has become a top headline act up and down the country since his beginnings in the city, and has performed all around the world. Admittedly starting out by dropping out of art college, he has since been tour support for Rhod Gilbert and Rob Brydon, plus playing some of the countries biggest arena’s on Michael McIntyre’s most recent tour including Wembley and the O2.
- Finally, GEOFF NORCOTT is self-described as a ‘unique’ voice in British comedy. Having appeared on Live at the Apollo, Mash Report, Mock the Week and Question Time he’s built up a significant live following with sell-out Edinburgh runs and two national tours.
Please note: the early and late Comedy Store shows will both feature the same comedians performing the same sets.
* All bookings subject to a £2.50 booking fee.